You made a great decision and you’re looking beautiful. Now it’s time to protect the investment you’ve made in your precious skin, by following a few simple steps after every treatment. You may even be able to schedule fewer doctor’s visits and spend less money in the long run.
Here are some of our best tips on how to look after your skin so you stay looking fresh and relaxed.
Immediately after a treatment
- Be patient and allow enough time for the results to settle in. Good things take time…
- Don’t exercise for 24 hours. We’ll advise you on this when you come in.
- Don’t drink alcohol for 24 hours as this can increase the risk of bruising.
- Avoid exposing your skin to heat, especially saunas, during the initial period when there may be swelling and redness.
- Don’t touch or massage your face for at least 12 hours after a treatment, unless your doctor advises you to do this.
- If there is any redness or bruising, use a good makeup to cover up. The docs at Dr Face have some good suggestions if you need them.
In between treatments
- Boost the health and condition of your skin by using quality facial products in the weeks and months following your injection. Use a moisturiser that is deeply hydrating. Some patients feel that their skin feels a little dry when there is swelling.
- Skincare products containing retinol can have a similar effect and boost collagen production, which helps to keep our skin looking young. You can ask us which ones are the best. However, avoid using them for the first 3 days as Retinols can be irritating.
- Don’t leave home without protection. Always use a quality sunscreen that offers both UVA and UVB protection, with a minimum factor of SPF 30. And don’t forget your broad-brimmed hat and sunnies in summer.
- Relax and enjoy your gorgeous new skin!
Have a question? Call us on 03 7001 3500 or book a consultation.